1 application can serve 2 separate purposes
1. To improve circulation. This simple taping can help improve circulation to the coronary band and bulb area. Properly applied KT tape may improve growth and reduce pain in the area through improved circulation.
2. To improve proprioception (perception or spatial awareness of self) which can improve agility, balance, coordination and overall athleticism. Proprioceptive receptors are located in the muscles, in the skin, and in the joint capsules. Somatosensory stimulation in the form KT tape can stimulate these receptors when applied to the coronet band and bring increased awareness to that area.
How to apply:
- Make sure the area is clean and dry.
- Measure length and cut. You can use the backing as a template for the other hoof.
- Remove backing and apply with medium to light stretch. I like to stick the very ends together to help it’s staying power.
- Check tension – the tape should be able to stretch this much. This eliminates the risk of it being too tight to be comfortable or restrict circulation.
- Be sure to friction over the top of the tape with your fingers. The heat and pressure created by this will activate the glue underneath and help it stick.
Can be helpful when applied to front or hind feet.